Diary of a Smasher

Smasher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Diary of a Smasher

Postby Smasher » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:07 pm

Hello, I'm Adam Smasher, one of your admins on the HN. I've created this thread to give you a daily update on what is going on in the mud, from my standpoint. Enjoy.
Smashiepoo
Look to the sky just before you die, for its the last time that you will.
Smasher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Diary of a Smasher

Postby Smasher » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:08 pm

Dear Diary, 1/13/16

Today I spent most of the day doing behind the scenes work. Adding help files, playing with the clan list and other administrative things. Mort has gotten the forums online, plus he and Gendi are working on other wonderful thingie ma jobs. HOpefully, more details to follow.

Smashiepoo
Smashiepoo
Smasher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Smasher » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:53 pm

Dear Diary, 1/14/16

Today I continued on my question to make the Hunters-Network more user friendly. I have finished updating help files on all the immortal commands, which of course means the next big step is helping out our mortal friends with their command help files. Hopefully, in the next few days if they type command they will see zero red files! One can only hope we have that much time! I also rearranged some commands so when the time is right, we can finally hold elections for a Role Play Council! I'm excited at the prospect!
Smashiepoo
Smasher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Smasher » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:33 pm

Dear Diary, 1/15/16

Today was another day of grinding on admin stuff. I started updating and adding mortal help files to assist the players. Along the way I discovered a few cool commands, such as CUT, and a bunch I need to find out what they do!!!! Pretty good stuff. I also read a little of Star Wars: Awaken, and discovered I have A LOT more buidling and designing to do on Akiva. What an interesting planet it is. I need a dang notebook just for notes on this great planet. I hope they show a lot more of it in the movies and novels in the future, and I do hope I can do it justice as I construct it. Time to build a fire and do some dishes. Talk to you tomorrow my diary.
Smashiepoo
Smasher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Smasher » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:06 pm

Dear Diary 1/16/16

Another day exploring the mud. Checking out some neat commands (type commands) and updating help files. Also identifying a few bugs and leaving loves notes for Gendi to hopefully repair them :) I finished the novel Star Wars: Awaken and my ideas for Akiva are running rampant. Tomorrow I shall jump back in, I have a great idea for a quest, but it is stumping me brain. I shall overcome this today and execute it tomorrow :)
Smashiepoo
Smasher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Smasher » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:09 pm

Dear Diary, 1/19/16

Sorry I took a couple days off, Sunday I was just drowning in family stuff, and Monday, well honestly, I forgot to talk to you. So lets see if I can catch up.

Yesterday was mostly admin stuff, stuff you wouldn't notice unless it wasn't there. So that is a great thing. I did finish Finn's chapter in the novel Star Wars: Before The Awakening and started on Rey's, Poe is next :) :) The major thing about Finn's was that the E-11 is an antique, perhaps you will see the F-11D Blaster now.

Today I finished the Imperial base. I had a great idea while building it, so I incorporated it into the rebel base as well.... pilots may kiss my ring when they see me. I did a wee bit of help file updating, but mostly built today. I must say the program was awesome! Lol. Anyways, just discovered I work tonight so i"m off to grab an hours sleep, before my next phase of existance starts. Fair lasers and following shields.
Smashiepoo
Smasher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Smasher » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:17 pm

Dear Diary, 1/22/16

I have been on the mud everyday and I thought I updated you, but it appears I was wrong. Ah well. I finished the First Order Base, and went back to work on Akiva. A new quest is partially done, its gonna be a unique quest as decision will have to be made. I like it. I also went through the reports and updated help files.

New Idea::::: WANTED FLAGS ::::: I am just gonna leave that there for now to remind me of my idea.

Alright, have a great day, visitors today, little HNers coming to visit. i'll be back on later to work. Have fun.

TTYL
Smashiepoo
Smasher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Smasher » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:38 am

Dear Diary, 1/23/16

Made great progress on Akiva. The Satraps palace is almost done, just shy of a few rooms, then it will be on to the government center. Lots of work, but lots of fun. I did update help files on those reported that were valid and not typos.

Hopefully I'll return later today and complete the palace and move on.
Smashiepoo
Smasher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Smasher » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:39 pm

Dear Diary, 1/24/16

Its been a busy day, setup a bunch more stuff on Akiva, but ran out of vnums, so I made another area to attach and continue on. Gendi was hard at it, check changes when you log on for new stuff! Also set up a crash forum so you can report when the mud goes boom! Be sure to check Akiva, and make sure your weapons are hidden or the customs agent will take them! Have a great day, perhaps more later? Dunno I have to sleep and work tonight.
Smashiepoo
Smasher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Smasher » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:30 pm

Dear Diary, 1/25/16

Had a pretty good day playing the MUD. Built most of the geographic features of Akiva, now to sketch out and flesh out the special areas below the planet and some above the planet. After that it will be just bringing the planet to life :) I have a few ideas for the old droid factory, and a few other mobs. Should be a great place to explore. Gendi and I talked about leveling as he was fixing and crash testing the leveling system. He made some changes for the better, so everyone should be excited about that. Just type CHANGES in the mud to see an overview. All in all a good day, hopefully, no promises, I can make it back later and flesh some more of Akiva out. Great fun we are having at this juncture!!!!!
Smashiepoo

Return to “General Chatter”