This is an old post by Danith:
Welcome to the Hunters Network!
If you've logged in already then you've seen first hand how much work is currently being done on both the codebase and the playable universe. This is a really exciting time for us, so if you're new it's great to have you on board!
The goal for this thread is to be a compendium, of sorts, for information helpful to getting you from initial log in to being a competitive presence in the universe. Obviously this thread is just beginning, but once it is fleshed out it will continue to be updated to reflect the many, exciting changes done in the HN Universe.
1. Character Creation
2. Graduating the Academy
3. Breaking Out in to the Universe
A. Places to Level
B. Income Ideas
Note: Since a lot of fun in games comes from discovering new things, this isn't intended to be a complete guide, rather it will be something to remove a lot of the unknowns and confusion which can often rear it's ugly head with the first time joining a game (especially if you're new to MUDs).
Feel free to add to this thread, as well as post questions. The MUD Community is a place for us to help one another and to grow as a community.
1. Character Creation -
There are 4 main parts to the character creation process: Name, Race, Class (Primary and Secondary), and Stats.
- When you first connect to HN, the screen will ask you to input your name. To make your new character just type in the name that you want to use. If that name is available, it will verify that you want to create the character.
- Authorization isn't required for names on HN, though keep in mind that anything deemed inappropriate or offensive may be brought to your attention. That said, you can use any name you want. And since HN is an Role Playing (RP) game, you'r encouraged to be creative and to work your name into your overall idea for your character.
- There are over 40 races available for play in the game. Once you are at this section you can type 'help <race>' for background information on that species, until you have a good understanding of what you're looking for.
- Some races have very particular aspects about them. For example the Defel are only visible through Infrared light, which makes them invisible to most species. This makes them very good at classes which deal with surpris and stealth. On the downside, Defel are not able to wear armor like other races can, since it would conflict with this invisibility.
- For your characters class, you will choose a Primary and a Secondary which both come from the same list of class options. This allows your character to either be more rounded, or more specialized in a particular category.
- An example: If you want to specialize in a Technical field, you can choose Technician and Engineer which will give you the skills to build weapons, armor, upgrade ships, etc. Or maybe you would rather have a more broad skillset you can opt for Politician and Assassin: this would give your character the skills to be a public figure and sway the opinions of entire planets, while living a secondary life in the shadows silently removing your adversaries. However you decide to play, and what decisions you make are up to you. Just have fun with it.
- Stats are fairly simple and is the last thing between you and starting your new life in the Hunters Network. Your stats (strength, dexterity, intelligence, etc) help to determine your overall aptitude for other skill levels, while also determining your character health, how much they can carry, prices you receive at vendors, etc. You can roll stats until you find some that you are happy with, though once you are in the game you will be able to find gym's and universities where you can train your stats and increase them.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
The Digital Hammer
This game had such an interesting character creation with the primary and secondary class options. I wish more games would do this kind of stuff…
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest